With colder temperatures creeping in, you want to be confident that your heating system will keep you toasty warm. There are a few telltale signs that your system is in trouble – if you notice any of these signs, it’s time to call an HVAC professional technician for help.ngadmin2021-12-04T10:40:36-07:00
- Inconsistent temperatures in the house. It might be a simple fix to change the filter and clean the registers. If your heating system isn’t the right size or has inadequate ductwork, an experienced technician can make recommendations.
- Odd noises. No system is completely silent, but loud, sudden, or unusual noises are not normal. Ignoring noises can lead to costly repairs or replacements. If you notice unusual noises, especially scraping or screeching, turn off your system and call for an inspection.
- System never shuts off. If the weather is still somewhat mild, it may be easier to notice a system that’s constantly running. However, even during harsher weather conditions, your system should cycle on and off. Refrigerant levels, valves, and compressor issues can cause your system to lose efficiency.
- Skyrocketing energy bills. Unless there’s an obvious reason for increases in your usage and bills, this is a sure sign that it’s time to consider replacing your heating system with a more efficient system.
- Constant repairs. We love to help our customers, but we’ll be the first to point out an alarming trend of increasing repairs. There’s a difference between maintenance and reasonable repairs versus never-ending repairs on a dying system.
If you’re seeing these warning signs with your HVAC system, call Reddi Services today. Specializing in all matters of HVAC maintenance and repair, we’ll have your system back up and running in no time! Be sure to check out our Reddi Planned Maintenance program for even more benefits and peace of mind.